I get really frustrated when a lot of the cute hairstyle ideas on Pinterest just do not work on my thin hair. My hair is long, naturally straight and thicker at the roots but super thin at the ends – meaning a lot of the top knots and braids will not work without a hell of a lot of teasing. So I thought I’d start a series featuring hairstyles for thin hair. Up first, the French Braid Updo, a summer favorite of mine when I want to look cute despite the temperature being 90. This style can be dressed up or down – I love pairing it with a simple t-shirt.
This look will also work on girls with thicker hair – actually, it will probably look better – but girls with thin hair will look super cute too!
- Start with French braids. I like mine a little tighter at the bottom, but if yours are messy, that’s ok too.
- Grab one braid, and wrap it over the other.
- Fold the braid in half, and tuck the end under the higher part of the braid with a bobby pin.
- Grab the other braid and do the same thing: pull it over the first braid.
- Tuck the bottom half of the second braid under the top half.
- Now look how cute you are! Strike an adorable pose!
Pay no attention to my …erm, chore clothes. I literally decided to do this blog post on a whim while surfing the net in between loads of laundry (as you do).